What the hell ?
I have never read a more Bullshit Laden Manifesto in my life.
This Bullshit Lead Movement is seeking to take society apart. It seems to me that there sole aim is to remove any semblance of law and order and allow the anarchists full reign, see points 1 and 2. At the same time they are demanding specialist treatment for one part of society, those with black skins. To the exclusion of the rest of society.
- Defund the police / Invest in our communities!!! … How is defunding the police going to help anyone, of any colour? All that will do is reduce our already depleted police forces. Which, in turn, means our streets and communitues falling into the hands of criminals, the gangs and the druggies – the Bloody Lawless Morons. No one will feel safe, anywhere.
- End hostile environments and border controls that destroy lives …. I’m not sure what these “hostile environments” are, please explain. Do you mean the streets, estates and neighbourhoods that are pretty much no-go areas due to the aforementioned criminals ? Those are just the environments that a better funded police force could clean up ? As for border controls ! Do you mean the ones that are currently allowing an endless stream of illegals to enter our country ? The controls that we don’t have, the controls that allow an increasing burden on our social services who struggle to house and feed these illegals. Please better define your affordable solution to this problem ? We need Better Legislation to Manage our borders
- Transformation of our education system / decriminalisation of black students in the classroom …. Yes I agree the education system needs transforming. We need to get back to a more simpler system where the Three “R’s” are taught along with basic morals and respect for everyone. Not the gangland respect born out of fear. We need a system that teaches the history of this great country, warts and all, and how we got to where we are today. That includes slavery, however distasteful that may be, but also the more recent history of how we managed to survive the great wars. We don’t erase history or historical figures. Rather we add to and explain the context. Better Learning Materiel. As for “decriminalisation of black students in the classroom”, I have no idea what that even means. Since when did going to school become a criminal event unless its the carrying of knives into school. I don’t see that as being colour specific. I do seem to recall that not going to school had ramifications. Back in my day they called it truancy. Please use the English language to provide an explanation that even this 68 year old Englishman can understand. Broadbrush, Loose, Meaningless statement.
- Covid-19 / marginalised communities … So you want special treatment for black people ? Isn’t that racist ? This government, the worlds governments have been presented with a never before seen challenge. You can argue that they were ill prepared and that they bumbled their way through various forms of lockdown and controls. Some say, too little, too late. Some say the pandemic is a hoax, not real. But, whatever the truth, How dare you suggest that black communities were sidelined. How dare you turn the pandemic into a racist issue. That is you belittling and disrespecting those that have succumbed to the virus, and their friends and families. That is you disrespecting the NHS and the other health professionals. As for the specific effects of the virus on the black and other ethnic communities, the authorities only became aware as more statistical analysis was carried out. Those effects were not obvious in the early days.
- Recognition of global responsibilities / international solidarity with all oppressed people …. How does BLM activity align with the actions of such existing international bodies as the UN, WHO. Are you also seeking solidarity with the peoples of the China, North Korea and Hong Kong ? How about the Taiwanese people, aren’t they oppressed by mainland China ? They are definitely oppressed but I can’t quite see how they sit under the Black Lives Matter umbrella since they are not black. Seems to me you shout a lot about racism but you have a very narrow spectrum of focus, making you a racist organisation on your own right. Perhaps you should change your name to BLMM. Black Lives Matter More.
- We demand the funding of safe and sustainable futures …. What has that got to do with BLM ? We all want the funds for a safe and sustainable future. For us and our families. This is not a race issue. We need this for everyone. Or are you saying that BLMM ? Have you seen the homeless on the streets ? Have you seen the colour of their skins ? Many are military veterans. They would love that well funded sustainable future you would claim for those with black skins. Skin colour is irrelevant in this context. You cannot claim it for BLM
As I stated at the beginning of this post this manifesto is, in my opinion, bullshit. It written using a language so broadbrush as to be meaningless. It uses terminology without explanation.
What I can’t get to grips with is that our media and businesses have embraced this to the point that you can’t go about your daily lives with out BLM being thrust into your face, rammed down our throats.
All my life I have existed in a multi national society. At school, in Sussex, there were Poles, Tibetans, and Nigerians. Perhaps college was the exception where it was predominantly white British but from there on my work colleagues have been of every ethnic group with the latter years being mainly of English, North American, Chinese, Indian, and Mexican origins.
So I don’t need to have this BLM garbage thrust in my face at every turn.
I don’t judge anyone by their race, creed or colour of their skin. Rather I reflect what I see and experience. If you are a jerk I will treat you like a jerk regardless.
What the BLM movement instils in me is resentment. Resentment of the BLM movement, not of those they claim to represent.